Mold Damage, Asheville, NC
Mold damage is one of the most common problems we address at homes and businesses in Asheville and throughout the Triangle area.
Mold and mold spores can be found just about everywhere, both in the outside environment and inside nearly all homes and businesses. While small amounts and levels of mold are naturally occurring and not really a cause for concern, mold can quickly take hold and grow into a major problem if any type of excess water, moisture or humidity is present. This is important to be aware of in our humid climate here in Asheville, North Carolina, but there are many things you can do to reduce the likelihood of experiencing mold damage on your property. You can run a central air conditioning unit during the hot, humid months of the year to reduce the indoor humidity. You can use a dehumidifier in areas of your property that naturally have more moisture, like basements and crawlspaces.
If you suspect that you have mold damage, don’t panic, give us a call here at Remtech Environmental. We have the training and knowledge necessary to determine the source of your problem and help you resolve it for the long term. Here are some signs that you may have a mold problem in your home or business:
- Health symptoms: These may include sneezing, coughing, nasal congestion, runny nose, throat irritation and more.
- Visible mold: If you see mold on a wall or ceiling, it is definitely time to take action to mitigate mold damage.
- Water stains or water damage: Excess water can encourage mold growth in as little as 24 to 48 hours. If you have any water stains on your ceilings, walls or other areas, quick action will be needed to reduce the likelihood of mold damage.
- New or strange odors in your property
If you need help with mold damage, give us a call today.