Whether you’re getting ready to sell your house or have just been getting a concerning amount of rain lately, possible water damage is always something to be aware of. Here are some telltale signs of water damage in your home.
- Signs of deterioration on the outside: If you have siding peeling away from your home, it might be a good indicator of water damage on the outside of your home. You might also consider checking the roof or crawlspace as well.
- Yellow stains on the walls or ceilings. These water stains might appear as light or brownish-yellow rings on your walls or ceilings.
- Bubbling or peeling paint: While peeling paint can just be a sign of natural aging, bubbling and peeling paint could mean that water has at some point soaked into it. The water could even be causing more damage in the wall beyond the paint.
- Swollen drywall or wooden furniture: Similar to the bubbling paint, if your wooden furniture or drywall is looking particularly swollen, water likely soaked into it and caused some water damage.
- Musty scent: If there’s one sign of water damage that deserves extra attention, it’s the musty scent that often comes with mold and mildew. If you have a musty scent in your home that won’t go away, or if you can actually see the mold, it’s best to get a professional to take care of it right away.
- Water leaks: Whether you can only hear the mysterious drip or you know of existing leaks, there’s always a chance of water damage to go along with the leak if you don’t fix it right away.
If you’ve found one or more of the above signs, you can give us a call at Remtech Environmental, and we’ll get your water damage repaired right away.