You never want to find out you have a mold problem in your home or commercial facility. The effects of mold damage often create unpleasant smells, deteriorating wall structure and, worst of all, health problems. To prevent a disaster, here are three signs you might have mold damage in your home or building.
- Signs on your walls: Walls should be tall, straight, and uniform in appearance. If you begin to notice troubling signs on your walls such as water stains, nail pops, or drywall seams appearing, this may indicate there has been a leak or moisture inside the wall and mold has begun to grow. Noticing discoloration on your walls may also be a sign of mold damage occurring underneath.
- Strange smells: It’s not exactly normal to have a musty, moldy smell spreading throughout your home or building. As mold spores grow and spread, the mold will release gases like mycotoxins that produce strange smells. This smell is often an indicator that you could have mold, and it’s something you definitely should look into.
- Consistent health issues: Mold is known for affecting the health of those exposed to its growth. Some symptoms of mold-related illnesses include headaches, coughing, sneezing, sore throats, fatigue, and more. It also often makes things worse for people with allergies or asthma.
When you’re aware and on the lookout for the possibility of mold in your home or building, you can help reduce the effects before the mold causes more serious problems. If you find yourself facing mold damage, be sure to give us a call here at Remtech Environmental.